In this world where the internet has become a huge part of people’s day-to-day lives, it has become essential to consider data Security. And that’s where “Cyber Security” plays a crucial role where the network and the computer systems could be protected from any theft or cyber-attack. Several Cyber Security courses are available to make people an expert in securing computer systems and preventing any such threats.
Eligibility criteria for a Cyber Security course
The minimum eligibility required for pursuing the Cyber Security courses is mainly divided into the classes they are applying to.
- Undergraduates program
- The aspiring applicants must have passed their higher secondary or 12th from any recognized boards in the science stream to get admitted into the graduation course of Cyber Security. They should have Maths, Physics, and Chemistry as the compulsory subjects in their 12th.
- The aggregate percentage of marks in their 12th exams should be 50%.
- Post-graduate program in Cyber Security
- The Cyber Security course eligibility for the master’s program in Cyber Security is 50% marks in their bachelor’s degree in data security.
There are several exams to select candidates for the Cyber Security courses. A list of the exams to select candidates is listed below:
- JEE Main: The entrance examination is conducted to select students into Cyber Security courses in institutes such as IIIT’s, NIT’s and IIT’s, and several other institutes across India.
- CET: The Common Entrance Test (CET) is conducted to select candidates for their post-graduate programs. A lot of colleges are now accepting students from the CET.
- CUET: The exam of CUET (Calicut University Entrance Exam) is held to select candidates for the post-graduation courses.
- CUEE: This exam is held by Chandigarh University to select candidates for the post-graduation courses of the university.
Syllabus for a Cyber Security course
Most of the course in cyber security consists of a few courses in varied areas of information technology. The Cyber Security course syllabus is listed below.
- Measuring Cyber Security
- Security investment and management
- Market failures and policies
- Policy interventions to correct the Market failure
- Case study
- Human factor
Scope of Cyber Security
One of the crucial concerns for candidates willing to make their careers in cyber security is its scope in India and abroad. However, as the number of cyber-crimes is increasing, there is an utmost need for skills required to protect the internet and network system. Therefore, with the rise in cyber-crimes, the scope of the field is increasing. Cyber Security plays an important role, from sharing information across the internet to looking at different nation businesses.
The demand for the course is high as skilled individuals and professionals are required mainly by businesses and organizations to safeguard their data and information. Also, the salaries for cyber security professionals are high because of their increased demands. Therefore, the field of cyber security has a broad future in terms of employment with high salaries.
With the increased job opportunities for the professionals who have done the Cyber Security course, they can explore many careers. A few career opportunities for these professionals are:
- Security engineer
- Information Security lead
- Cyber Security engineer
- Cyber Security architect
The job profiles for all the job positions vary on the required skills of the professionals. A few of the top recruiters for cyber security professionals are Tata Consultancy Services, IntraEdge, Nokia, Infosys, Cognizant, Amazon, etc.
To fit in the job profile of a cyber specialist, a few skills are preferred by every employer. These required skills are:
- Knowledge of programming: It is always necessary to have knowledge and experience in programming. Only then will the applicant understand the type of cyber attacks and provide solutions to prevent such attacks.
- Cloud Security: Cloud Security is an essential feature in cyber security services, as the technology is mostly shifting towards the cloud.
- Risk analysis: The applicants should be able to analyze the risks and then handle them properly.
- Security analysis: Security analysis includes the skills in securing information shared over the internet.
With online courses and training, the aspirants can now opt for the Cyber Security online course to make themselves ready for the world free of cybercrimes. Several online platforms offer training courses and certifications programs related to any technological domain. One such certification council is the EC council, which is the largest certification body in the world.
Fees of Cyber Security courses
The range of fees varies amongst different courses such as undergraduate, post-graduate, and diploma.
|UG fees (in Lakhs)||PG fees (in Lakhs)||Diploma fees (in Lakhs)|
Cyber Security is turning out to be one of the most promising careers in the future of technology. Therefore, it is necessary to get the required skills to work in such a sector to prepare for the future. Thus, the Cyber Security course tends to be one of the most applied courses in the recent era.