Today, every brand has to master the art of video marketing. While video marketing isn’t entirely new, what’s new is how utterly important video content has become on every social media platform. From TitkTok to Instagram Reels and IGTV, video has absolutely dominated social.
As such, video is no longer just one piece of your overall marketing plan. It’s integral to your outreach and campaign efforts. Brands can no longer get by on using images alone. Even social networks are adapting their service offering to include both short- and long-form video content.
Are you using video to promote your business? If not, here’s what video can do for you and your bottom line.
1. Engage Your Audience
Consumers spend more time on websites featuring video content, and an engaged consumer is more likely to respond to your call to action. Video content performs best with most algorithms – tweets with video see up to 10x more engagement. Facebook videos earn the highest engagement and clicks compared to any other type of content on the site.
Instagram stories have completely revolutionized what was once only a photo-sharing application, and users watch more than 1 billion hours of Youtube videos every day.
There’s no way around it. Consumers all over the internet crave video content and are increasingly demanding it from brands. Visual content is exceptionally captivating and pleasing to the eye, but unlike photos, videos are highly effective at drumming up engagement. Your audience is more likely to interact, comment, and share video content more than any other kind of content.
2. Search Optimization
Social media are quickly becoming like search engines themselves. Most prospects search for their favorite brands on social networks before making a purchase. Plus, video is one of the best ways to grow an organic following on any social media site and drive conversions.
Video marketers are now turning their attention towards Generation Z, who seem to want nothing more than video content. Considering Gen Z currently makes up 40% of all consumers, it’s integral to adapt your marketing strategy accordingly to include more native videos. Social videos can help you appeal to a younger audience, tell your brand story and build an emotional connection that will not only win you customers but improve your customer retention statistics.
Video is an SEO goldmine. It can boost your numbers across all sites, help build backlinks and drive traffic to your website.
3. Make the Most of Trending Topics
Social media is an incredibly fast-paced universe. Video gives your brand a voice and allows you to capitalize on trending topics, giving you the opportunity to go viral and gain a cult following. Join in the social conversation with video content on social media sites like TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook, where news stories go viral.
As a brand, you want to spark conversation around your core values and product offerings. Creating video content that aligns with real-time trends is a key facet of such a plan. A consumer is more likely to watch a product video than read a product description or a blog post.
4. Video is Uniquely Effective at Building Trust
Video content gives your brand a face and allows you to show your audience who you are and what you stand for. Use video to showcase brand personality and reposition your business in the industry. Live streams and product launch videos are incredibly effective at grabbing the viewer’s attention. Additional benefits include building trust and authenticity.
Videos make your brand more personable – human if you will – making people more likely to trust your content as well as your products and services.
Video Marketing Tips for Your Business
If you’re ready to start investing in video marketing, here are some helpful tips that can amplify your reach and boost audience engagement.
- Repurpose video content across multiple platforms for greater reach. There’s no shortage of the types of videos you can make. You can make announcements, showcase company culture, and introduce products and their specifications to your audience.
- Make sure your videos are comprehensible without audio. It ensures people can easily watch video clips wherever they are without needing headphones.
- Create a YouTube channel and post regularly. YouTube is the second-largest search engine in the world, playing host to millions of videos. A YouTube channel can help you reach a wider audience and cement your status as an industry leader through informative content and thought leadership.
- Keep mobile in mind. Considering most people consume content and interact with the audience via mobile devices, you should create content for a mobile audience.
- Explore the power of digital signage. Touchpoints are everywhere – using digital display screens in high-traffic pedestrian offices can help you reach and engage customers in unconventional ways. Display trending videos and other social media in your corporate offices to get people in on the action and help them come up with new ideas.
It’s blindingly obvious – the world is head over heels in love with video content. Are you using video to promote your business? If not, here’s what video can do for you and your bottom line. How are you adapting to this? Let’s say it’s best to make the most of video content to boost your bottom line.