One of the biggest concerns of an SEO expert (or a well-rounded beginner) is how to get quality links to our website. For that, one of the best-known techniques is link building , but today from SEOlogy we want to talk to you about another one that you have surely heard mentioned: link baiting.
Here we will show you what it is, what is its difference with link building and how you can implement it on your website.
Link baiting: Definition
By definition, link baiting is an SEO technique that helps us get external links naturally. As? Creating such quality content that attracts users to share or link this content on their websites spontaneously.
Purpose of Link Baiting
The main purpose of link baiting is to get external links that point to our website organically and spontaneously. That is, it focuses on the creation of its own content, but always with the aim of getting someone interested in linking it.
Diferencia entre link baiting y link building
There is a big difference between link baiting and link building, despite the fact that both strategies get external links.
Link building seeks for us to go out and find the links, either by buying them or convincing people to link to us, while link baiting puts its efforts into the content, so that it becomes so viral that other web owners have no other option. rather than link it naturally.
Link baiting best practices and strategies
Let us now see some examples of how an effective and reliable link baiting strategy can be carried out:
Know the target audience well
It is important to know the target audience well when running a link baiting campaign for several reasons:
- Identify topics of interest: By knowing the target audience well, it is easier to identify the topics that are relevant to them. This can help create content that grabs their attention and makes them feel inclined to share it.
- Tailor the style and tone: Knowing your target audience can help you tailor the style and tone of your content to make it more engaging and relevant to them. For example, if the target audience is young and likes humor, a more informal and fun tone can be incorporated into the content.
- Improve promotion effectiveness: Knowing where your target audience is online and how they interact with content can help focus your link baiting campaign promotion. If your target audience is known to use certain social networks, you can promote your content on those networks to maximize your reach.
- Generate quality links: By targeting your target audience, your content is more likely to generate quality links from sites relevant to them. This can increase the authority of the site and improve its position in search results.
Creating interactive content like videos or quizzes in a link baiting campaign is important for several reasons:
- Increase user engagement: Interactive content is more engaging for users because it allows them to actively participate in the experience. Videos and quizzes, for example, can help keep users interested and increase their engagement in the link baiting campaign.
- Increase shareability: Interactive content is more likely to be shared by users on social media and other websites. Users who find content interesting and engaging are more likely to share it with their friends and followers, which can increase the exposure and reach of the content.
- Improve the quality of links: Interactive content such as videos or quizzes are more likely to generate quality links. Websites and bloggers tend to link to content that is both valuable and entertaining, and interactive content can meet those needs.
- Reinforce the brand: Interactive content is a great way to highlight the brand and increase awareness of it. Videos and quizzes, for example, can incorporate brand elements such as colors and logos and help users remember the brand more effectively.
Controversial point of view
Humans, even if we don’t like to accept it, have a tendency to feel more attracted to things that are forbidden or controversial. That is why, as long as we are respecting the limits of ethics and content responsibility on the Internet, we can choose to generate content that attracts attention and that makes our users want to click.
For example, a very classic way to do it is by comparing two apparently unrelated topics: “Social networks are like chickens” or “Fashion history: How can we understand everything by looking at Mickey Mouse?”
Humans are emotional beings, so it is easier for us to share content that made us feel something (whether it is good or bad) than something that did not move us a single fiber.
That’s why memes are viral… Have you thought about it?
Turn it into a story
If you are a Storytelling expert, you already knew this, but it is a reality that it is much easier to connect with other people through stories. Thus, in addition, we will achieve that they share our content on their websites with more probability.
In a link baiting strategy, a wide variety of interactive tools can be created that can be very useful and attractive to the target audience. Some examples of tools that can be built into a link baiting strategy include:
- Calculators: Calculators are useful tools for your target audience and can be a great way to drive links from other websites. Calculators can help users calculate things like body mass index, the cost of a loan, or the number of calories to consume in a day.
- Content Generators: Content Generators can help users create content for their website or social media easily and quickly. Content generators can generate headlines, blog topics, infographics, images, or videos.
- Assessment tools: Assessment tools can help users assess their knowledge or skills on a particular topic. For example, a language learning assessment tool could help users assess their level of proficiency in a specific language.
- Persona Generators: Persona generators can help users create characters for their content, such as avatars or characters for comics. These tools can be fun and engaging for the target audience and can attract links from other websites.
- Data visualization tools: Data visualization tools can help users present information in a clear and easy-to-understand way. Infographics, maps, and charts are examples of data visualization tools that can be very effective in attracting links.
Success stories with the use of natural links
At SEOlogy we are willing to tell you about all the success stories we have had with our clients when we prepare to carry out a link baiting campaign. For that, it is only necessary that you contact us and let’s talk. Perhaps, here are all the answers to your needs for a robust SEO strategy in expert hands.