Do you want to know what the characteristics of a virtual phone number are? How you can create one for online services? Let’s do it.
There are many sites and online services that require a telephone number for registration purposes. For the most part, this is to identify you as a person and provide more security during registration. But not everybody likes the idea of sharing their telephone number on the Internet. For this reason, use of a virtual mobile number may be helpful.
What is a virtual mobile number for SMS
A virtual number is simply a online telephone number, which you can obtain via the web and which will be valid for a limited period of time. It is a useful tool precisely in order to avoid having to provide your personal telephone number, which you may prefer to keep confidential. In this regard, there are many services available on the Internet that allows you to create a virtual mobile number, which you can use to receive text messages.
For example, using a virtual number for Telegram is useful because it is otherwise not possible to make without providing your phone number.
Reason for using virtual mobile numbers for SMS
Virtual numbers help you avoid showing your main number to others or if you are not happy to provide your personal number for social media registration and for registering for some websites where a mobile number is a mandatory option.
The same virtual number can also be used for SMS verification such as WhatsApp, Tinder, Amazon, Telegram, Facebook verifications, etc.
How to create a virtual mobile number to receive SMS online
First of all, it is good to know that virtual mobile numbers are only temporary and should only be used in cases of absolute necessity, as many web services use an automatic verification and blocking system precisely in order to prevent abuse of such systems. That said, there are various sites that allow you to create a virtual number.
Let’s take a closer look at one of the online services where you can create a temporary phone number:
- Go to the website https://sms-man.com/
- Sign up for an account with your email address and a password
- Click on the “Payment” button in the upper corner of the main page and top up your balance.
- Now select one of the countries for your future telephone number on the main page.
- Then, scroll down until you see list of the services, and select a suitable one by clicking on the “buy” button next to it.
- Now that you have a virtual number, use it to register with the application of your choice.
- When the SMS is sent to the number, go back to the SMS-man website to read the received text.