SMEs and independent entrepreneurs face a daily lack of budget to invest in issues such as marketing. Business like private labeled bottled water live up to date and most of the time the money that arrives goes to the operation of the business, payment to suppliers, salaries, inventory, etc.
Those of us who are dedicated to marketing in this sector of companies, must be clear about the priorities of our clients, and despite the fact that we know that marketing is one of the best solutions that can propel any business to success.The strategies that we offer should be aimed at optimizing budgets as much as possible. Private labeled bottled water must be very directed at very specific and well-segmented targets, and they must be in the short and medium term.
Well, after this brief reflection, what I really want is to leave you with a list of marketing ideas that you can use on a very low budget, emphasizing that in order to generate more in your business it is indispensable to “invest” in marketing.
Low Budget Marketing Ideas to Kickstart Your Business
- Make a list of all your possible clients, using the yellow section or the internet.
- Ask all your contacts: clients, friends, family, former bosses or colleagues, etc. the names of people and companies in which they can recommend you, but directly them.
- Prepare a Power Point presentation of your services or products on your own computer, if you do not know how to do it, you can ask your children, friends or neighbors for help.
- Generate strategic alliances with other brands in order to promote your services or products.
- Find alliances between small businesses or between independent entrepreneurs with whom you can complement services or products and generate synergy between the two.
- Make exchanges with mass media so that they can promote your services or products in exchange for them.
- Ask for help from friends and family so that they can spread your brand among their acquaintances.
- Telemarketing. Call your entire list of potential customers personally to offer your services or products.
- Visit all your past or inactive customers to remind them that you’re still there.
- Training. You can offer courses in your specialty area so that you can expand your network of contacts.
- Register in a Chamber or Business Association such as COPARMEX, CANACO, etc. According to your type of business and work your public relations in them.
- Offer to give free conferences in different forums to expand your contacts and further position your reputation.
- Carry out creative and well-segmented flyer campaigns, don’t hand out flyers like crazy.
- Give each person to whom you give Business Cards two gifts and ask them to give one to whoever they think may be interested. This simple action has worked very well for me.
- Never go anywhere without business cards, or when you go on vacation.
- Let everyone know what you do: friends, family, neighbors, friends of your children, their parents, their school, etc. Everyone!
- Cambaceo. Old man, but it does not fail. Knock from door to door in places where your clients may be, to promote your services.
- Free trials. If your product is not expensive, offer samples to your prospects.
- Networking. Call your contacts and ask 3 people who may be interested in what you offer.
- Little papers on the street. Make an announcement of your product or service like private labeled bottled water. At the bottom, put your name and phone in little pieces that people can cut and take away, and stick them in cafes, little stores, and phone booths.
- Create Agreements with tangible benefits for certain types of companies. For example for the members of the Settlers Association, or for the families of your children’s school, etc.
- If you have a business in a plaza or on a shopping street, organize advertising with all the tenants in the nearby neighborhoods.
- Attend Fairs and Events of your line of business, once again to do public relations.
- Label your car with your company logo and phone or website of private labeled bottled water.
- Place posters or brochures in strategic places, according to your market.
- Open a Facebook account and create a FanPage, invite your acquaintances and create a community in which you can promote your services or products.
- Open a Twitter account, invite your acquaintances and go looking for people who may be interested in your services and products.
- Open a Linkedin account, search for profiles that may be interested in your personal profile.
- Open a YouTube channel, generate value through Video Marketing.
- Creating a Blog on WordPress.com is free and is one of the best web tools to build reputation and community. This may be your website.
- Give a subscription incentive in your Blog to get emails: an ebook, a catalog, a discount coupon, etc.
- Create email marketing campaigns with the emails subscribed to your blog and send a newsletter, invitations, congratulations, offers, promotions, settlements, etc.
- Generate valuable information about your area of expertise based on your own skills: videos, articles, podcasts, etc.
As always, I hope this brief information is useful to you. Do you have any more ideas? Let us know about your innovative thoughts.