Word processing software such as MS Word or WPS is one of the most used software around the world. It’s not only beneficial for writers, but it’s also a helpful software that is perfect for any document-based tasks. Because of this, more and more people are using Doc as part of their daily work and jobs. Even for students, MS Word has become a useful tool for students to complete their assignments and research projects.
But, did you know that there are more things that you can do with your document file to make it more presentable, secured, and permanent? The best way to upgrade its presentation is to convert your files. PDF is a compressed image version of your document for better viewing and reading experience.
Benefits of Converting Word to PDF
Converting your Word to PDF offers a lot of benefits, aside from its improved presentability. Here are some of it:
- The content of your files cannot be edited. If you use the document to send confidential files, it’s best to secure its contents.
- You can keep the formatting. Since you can’t edit PDF files, the overall format of your document will not be affected. This includes the font and layout.
- You can encrypt your PDF files with a password. If you want to make sure that only authorized persons can read the contents of your document, PDF is the best choice.
Tips on How to Convert Doc to PDF
There are different ways on how to convert a document file to PDF. Some of it is easy and convenient while the others are kind of technical. To help you convert Word to PDF with ease, here are some ways on how to do it.
Use convenient online conversion tools
There are a lot of online platforms where you can do different PDF functions. One of the most-trusted online tools is GogoPDF. On this website, you can convert your document to PDF in as easy as four steps. All you need to do if to visit their website and perform the following actions:
- Upload or select the document file from your computer.
- The system will automatically process the conversion.
- Wait for the entire process to finish. Depending on your Internet speed, it will only take up to 2 minutes.
- Once ready, you can download the PDF file on your computer.
The best part about using GogoPDF is you do not need to download any software or pay for any subscription to be able to use its basic functions. You can swiftly convert your Word doc to PDF in no time.
Use Adobe Acrobat software
Another option to convert your document file is by using Adobe Acrobat software. Created by the same company as PDF, Adobe Acrobat is a paid software that you will install on your computer. Once it’s installed, you can already convert document files for as many as you need. The steps are as follows:
- Open Adobe Acrobat software
- Upload the file
- Wait for the conversion to process.
- Save it on your computer.
It may be as fast as an online platform tool, but the difference is that you can only use the software on the computer where it is installed, plus installing it is not free.
Use the word processing software features
If you happen to have the latest version of MS Word or other word processing software, you may have the option to export or save it as a PDF. This is also accessible for both Windows and Mac. Here’s how you can do it with MS Word for both Mac and PC:
- Open the file that you want to export or save as a PDF.
- Click on the file menu, look for the option that says “Export as PDF” and the software will save the PDF file on your computer.
- If you can’t find it, you can choose “Save As” then change the file extension to PDF.
- You can choose which folder to save it.
- Once complete, you can already open the PDF file.
Convert Word to PDF in no time
These three are the different ways on how to convert Word to PDF. It is up to you to choose which one is the most convenient, hassle-free, and fastest platform to use. In that way, you will have more jobs done.