Computer Full Form. A computer is an electrical device that receives raw data as input and processes it according to a set of instructions to generate the desired result as output. It generates output immediately after executing mathematical and logical operations, and it has the capability of saving the output for later use. It can conduct both numerical and non-numerical calculations.
Hardware refers to the physical components of a computer, such as the wires, transistors, circuits, and hard drives that make up the computer’s machinery. Software, on the other hand, refers to the programs and data that are included within it.
COMPUTER Full Form
So, in simpler terms, you can say that a computer is a piece of electrical equipment that is used to perform quick calculations. The full form of computer is – Common Operating Machine Purposely Used for Technological and Educational Research
Advantages of using a computer
- Increases your productivity– A computer increases your productivity. For example, if you have a basic grasp of a word processor, you will be able to generate, edit, save, and print documents fast and simple.
- Connects to the internet – Access to the internet enables you to send emails and view material on the internet, as well as to obtain information and utilize social media platforms, among other things. By connecting to the internet, you can also communicate with long-distance friends and family members who live in other locations.
- Storage – A computer can store a significant quantity of information. For example, you can organize and store your projects, ebooks, papers, movies, images, music, and other media.
- Organizing the data- It not only lets you save data but also helps you to arrange your data. For example, you can create separate folders to hold different types of data and information, making it easier and faster to find what you’re looking for.
- Enhanced abilities: If you are not excellent at spelling and punctuation, it will assist you in writing decent English. The same goes for those who struggle with math or who have poor recall skills. A computer can conduct computations and save the answers for them.
- Assisting the physically challenged– It can be used to assist the physically challenged, for example, Stephen Hawking, who was unable to talk, utilized a computer to communicate with others.
Types of computers
Computers can be divided into three broad categories, each of which has its subcategories. These are the ones:
- Depending on the Size, Purpose and Types
Computers based on types
The following are the three different types of computers, along with their respective functions:
- Analog Computer – An analog computer is a computer that models a problem by utilizing the continually shifting elements of physical processes. These phenomena can include electrical, mechanical, or hydraulic quantities, and their application is exceedingly complicated. This kind of computer is mostly employed in scientific and industrial applications. Thermometers, operational amplifiers, electric integrators, and other analog computers are examples of this type of computer.
- Digital Computer – These computers are capable of addressing problems discreetly. Examples of digital computers include desktop computers, laptop computers, mobile phones, and other similar devices.
- Heterogeneous Computer (also known as Hybrid Computer) – Computers that include characteristics of both Analog and Digital computers are referred to as Heterogeneous Computers. When it comes to logical processes, the digital aspects are used to solve them, and when it comes to differential equations, the analog aspects are used to solve them. Space Flights, Food Processing Plants, and other applications are some of the most notable instances of hybrid computers.
Computers based on size
The following are the four sorts of Computers, which are classified according to their sizes as well as their functions:
- Microcomputers– Microcomputers are very inexpensive and compact computers that consist of a microprocessor and a Central Processing Unit (CPU). The electronics for these computers are kept to a bare minimum and are mounted on a single circuit board. Desktop computers, laptop computers, and other similar devices are examples.
- Mini Computers– Invented in the mid-1960s, mini-computers are much smaller than mainframe computers in terms of physical size and power. They were created concerning human interaction, control instrumentation, and cost-effectiveness in mind. For example, smartphones, iPads, and other such devices.
- Mainframe computers – Mainframe computers are large-scale computers that are used by huge organizations to manage massive amounts of data. Examples of such systems include those employed by trading businesses.
- Super Computers- These are computers that are utilized in organizations that deal with weather forecasting, quantum mechanics, climate research, and other areas where a high degree of performance must be justified. Super Computers are also known as supercomputer clusters.
Computers based on Purposes
There are only two types of computers that are classified according to their purpose.
- General Purpose – This sort of computer includes simple calculators, laptops, desktop computers, mobile phones, and other devices that can assist people with their basic and required tasks.
- Special Purpose – A Special Purpose computer is a sort of computer that is specially built to fulfill a certain function. For example, thermometers, generators, large computers for IT Companies, machines used at manufacturing centers.