Suppose you have heard about the OTT/IPTV business and are impressed by Netflix’s success. But why should an already successful company think about its own video streaming platform? Here are some ideas why make IPTV:
#1 Additional revenue source
Online video platforms are gaining popularity, and many companies try to benefit from that. OTT/IPTV solutions allow their owners to make revenue by selling access to videos or advertising.
People tend to cut the cord and use OTT/IPTV platforms instead to view videos, and companies start creating video content and monetizing it. For example, a university can go online by streaming videos via an IPTV/OTT service. People who cannot attend lectures might appreciate such an opportunity.
A video service provider can charge a fee for access. Subscriptions and single transactions are popular choices. Also, a platform can offer videos for free but show advertisements to consumers. These ads tend to be shorter than those on TV.
What is more, advertising on platforms can be more effective because ads can be shown to those users who might be interested. AI-based algorithms analyze users’ interests and show them ads they might find valuable.
#2 Attract new customers
It can work both ways. You show your already regular customers that you launch a new project. Some of them might be interested, and some might not.
And you can attract customers who don’t know about your primary products by telling the world about the platform. Consequently, revenue might grow.
OTT/IPTV platforms can help you become a global brand. A content delivery network allows customers from the other side of the world to visit your service and use it without interruptions.
#3 Increase user engagement with your brand
IPTV/OTT platforms have the potential to be engaging and entertaining. Here is the list of things that contribute to that:
- User interface. It is the first thing people will interact with when visiting your service. You can show that the platform is yours with the design and logo.
- Content is what users are chasing. The more unique it is, the more likely users will want to use your service. You can share your experience in your field with your audience or stream popular series and movies.
- Categories and subcategories. If there are plenty of videos on a platform displayed chaotically, it is more difficult to find something of interest. Some people like documentaries, and some prefer drama. If there is chaos, nobody finds anything and uses another service.
- Personalized recommendations. They show consumers videos similar to those they have already watched. It simplifies the process of choosing a new video to view.
- Push notifications are used to inform people about new videos on the platform. Note that they should be sent to those who would enjoy a new piece of content.
An IPTV/OTT service can become your company’s brand media or a whole new business project that will bring you more revenue. It is better to make your platform unique to stand out from the competition.
IPTV/OTT platforms as a business are popular due to many reasons. People love them because they are convenient and provide a wide range of video content.
You can use its advantages to build stronger relationships with your customers and deliver your brand message to them via an OTT/IPTV platform.