When a person changes his postures and wakes up suddenly from the position of lying and sitting the body should adjust to that change in position. It is important for a body to push blood towards upward and supply oxygen to the brain. If the body fails to supply the blood to the brain,then blood pressure falls,and the person feels dizziness. Apparently, Orthostatic hypotension is the fall in blood pressure when a person stands.
supply to the body’s organ depends on the following
- Enough blood and fluid within the
- A strong heartthat pumps blood
- Veins and arteries that can squeeze and
Orthostatic hypotension is a condition,not a disease that is caused when blood pressure is abnormal.
of Orthostatic Hypotension
- Blurred vision
All these mentioned
symptoms resolve quickly until the bodyadjusts to the standing positionelse a
person suffering from the Hypotension conditionhas tosit down or lie down to
escape from falling.
Causes of Orthostatic Hypotension:-
If a person is suffering
from Orthostatic Hypotension results in potential causes, some condition affects
the only part of the system that supplies blood to the brain. Loss of fluid insidethe
blood vessels is the most common problem that triggers
Orthostatic Hypotension in individuals. The fluid could be water or blood it
depends on the condition. The variance in heart rate when in seating posture
and in standing posture is called orthostatic heart rate. Generally ideal orthostatic
heart rate would be 10-15 BPM.
- Dehydration is the most protruding reason that makes blood pressure to fall down. When fluid intake is low or not at all results in vomiting, fever, diarrhea, and cardiac disease. A lack of fluid in the body can cause your blood pressure to below.
- Blood loss and other chronic causes of anemia reduce the red blood cells which could carry oxygen in the bloodstream,and this may push to the orthostatic hypotension condition.
- The slow bleeding overwhelms the body to replace the lost volume of red blood cells and fluid in the bloodstream. Nevertheless,the loss of oxygen that carrying blood will result in dizziness, chest pain, weakness, or shortness of breath.
- Some intake of drugs affects the nervous system and end up with orthostatic hypotension.
to diagnose Orthostatic Hypotension?
When a personapproach to doctor his only goal would be
to evaluate the orthostatic hypotension and its underlying causes. So, as to provide
proper treatment. Doctors generally conduct anexamination to diagnose the
condition. The following elements would your doctor recommend
- Monitor Blood Pressure– When you visit the physician with the complaint that you have been suffering from the symptoms related to the blood pressure, then the doctor will evaluate your blood pressure both while you are in sitting position and while you are standing.
- If the blood pressure has a fall of 20 millimeters of mercury in systolic blood pressure and or drop of 10 millimeters of mercury in diastolic blood pressure,then a person will be diagnosed with orthostatic hypotension.
- Blood Test-A complete blood checkup will provide the overall health that includes the red blood cells, sugar, or both that triggers low blood pressure.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)-An ECG test detects the irregularities in the heart rhythm and associated problems that have with the supply of oxygen and blood to heart muscle.
- Echocardiogram- This exam provides the sound waves to produce a video image of the heart. The sound waves that bounce off from the hearts will reflect to provide detect underly structural heart disease.
Treatment for Orthostatic Hypotension
order to settle back to normal condition,treatment
is mandatory. The treatment addresses the primary cause of hypotension that is heart
failure, dehydration, etc. instead of treating low blood pressure itself.
The Orthostatic Hypotension Treatment Embraces
- Change in lifestyle– Following several lifestyles deviates to well-being. Drinking enough water, quitting alcohol, avoiding overheating, tilting the head in bed, crossing legs, and so on will be recommended by doctors when individuals diagnose from hypotension.
- Medications- Several drugs would be suggested to intake for individuals to increase the fluid in the blood stream and thus it increases the raises in blood pressure.
- Compression stockings- The stockings used to treat varicose veins would help to reduce the blood pooling in legs and reduce the orthostatic hypotension.
If you likely to face
any of the mentioned hypotension symptomsthen don’t take a chance to consult your physicians at the earliest.